Tuesday 19 October 2010

Your favourite hobby

Task

Write about your favourite hobby:
  • What is it and what does it involve?
  • How long have you been doing it?  
  • Why do you enjoy it so much?  
  • Who do you do it with?  
  • What have you learned from it?  
If possible, find a picture to show your hobby.


For example

My Favourite Hobby: Photography


My favourite hobby is photography.  I became interested in photography during a 6 month trip to South America in 2006.  I took thousands of photos and many of them came out beautifully despite the fact I was using a cheap and small camera.

When I arrived in Sydney, the first thing I did was buy an expensive camera (Canon 40D) with lots of lenses.  It was very complicated so I did a course on how to use it.  I learned a lot and I also met some wonderful people.

I like taking photos of just about anything.  I love to photograph natural scenery like mountains and beaches.  I often get up very early so I can photography the the sun rising over the Northern Beaches.  I also like photographing people, especially the children of friends.  It has made me quite popular - I get invited to lots of family outings.  I also love to photograph animals, plants and especially birds.  I have a huge 500 mm lens that I use for birds.  It is tough for my back but it takes wonderful photos.

I have made many great friends through photography.  I am a member of a photography club that I go to a couple of times a month.  They also organise weekends away which are always great fun.  I get to share ideas and I'm always learning something new.  You can always improve your photographs.

I have also made some money out of my photography.  I run workshops where I teach people how to improve their photos through special software like Photoshop.

Below you can see how my cameras have got bigger over time!



You can see some of my photos below.  You can see more of my photos on my web site at www.g-trovephotos.com

























No comments: